Scale - Careers
Director, Direct-Response Copy
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
We are looking for a seasoned Direct-Response Copy Editor who is looking for that next career opportunity. Someone who is passionate about creating winning direct response campaigns while managing a growing team of experienced DR Copywriters and generate strong ideas that create real results for multiple brands in the health, wellness and beauty space.
You must have experience in managing copywriting teams, editing copy and assets and providing guidance to our copywriters in order to produce high converting copy, and continually optimize until the campaigns meet their performance goals. In this role, you will be responsible for editing compelling landing pages, ad copy, sales videos, websites, infographics, and more.
You will work closely with the acquisition team to create a pipeline of direct response marketing assets that will help achieve customer acquisition and revenue goals.
As the Director, Direct-Response Copy, you will be responsible for managing a team of in-house and freelance writers for our family of websites, across a wide spectrum of channels including google display network, native networks, YouTube, Email, Facebook and other content as required. This position relies on a number of reporting methods, including research and analytics.
As a data driven e-commerce and media company, we couple Data with Creativity -
Continually measuring advertising performance to optimize performance and effectiveness of our marketing communications and advertising campaigns. You will play an integral part of this process!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record of producing/editing direct response assets in various forms. (Extra points if you’ve worked within the health and beauty industry !!)
- Has a proven track record of revenue increasing performance
- 5+ years of related direct response copywriting experience in digital marketing
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a Lead Editor
- Can write in multiple brand voices, for different demographics
- Continue to grow and improve direct marketing guidelines and develop a repository of DM templates
- Can collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects are consistent with DM best practices, brand guidelines, compliance and overall project goals
- Takes responsibility for the success of the projects they work on
- Create persuasive, conversion-focused marketing communications using established direct response selling techniques
- Concept new ideas and giving creative guidance
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver highly effective and effective creative work
- Research and find the best way to present our products to various target markets on different platforms
- Edit the work of others effectively to achieve the best performing copy
- Collaborate well with Account Manager, account team, designers, and copywriters
- Work with Account Manager to build and execute creative strategy through current audience + competitive research, benchmarking, and messaging
- Take creative ownership (manage full ideation to execution cycle) and provide out-of-the-box ideas
- Assemble mood boards and provide visual direction to designers on creative content
- Key Contribution: Be lead generator of ideas and producer of creative content that supports our strategy and goals.
- Other duties as assigned
All applicants must provide portfolio/samples of previous work in order to be considered. PDF, Website, URLs of samples are encouraged.
Resumes without writing samples or portfolios will not be considered.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary DOE
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid parental leave
- Gym membership
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Company events/Fun Work Culture
- Yoga/Mediation Breaks
- End of year Company Bonus
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.