Scale - Careers
Chief Technology Officer
Scale Media is an up and coming technology-driven, brand building platform with six owned and operated
DTC brands. Our primary advantage is the technology we create, which allows us to launch, sell and fulfill
consumer products. Scale's e-commerce platform is built by our engineering team from the ground up.
This platform powers Scale's many storefronts, customer journey tracking, analytics, marketing
automation, drag-and-drop CMS, CRM, and other powerful capabilities that fuel the growth of Scale's
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition, entertainment, advertising, creative, media
buying, strategy, performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success that has resulted
in thousands of lives changed and millions of dollars in revenue.
We are seeking an experienced Chief Technology Officer to act as our Digital Business Leader, driving
an ambitious technology roadmap that would result in a cutting edge product to power consumer brands.
As an Executive, you will be responsible for managing and driving value from technology within the
organization. This will include areas across technology vision and strategy; architecture; innovation;
software development; and infrastructure.
- Technology Leadership. You will be required to use technology to generate value for the
company and help it achieve its business objectives. This includes developing a technology vision
and strategy that will allow the company to thrive and build a solid competitive advantage.
- Strong Communication. You will be required to communicate technical goals to non-technical
employees and make them enthusiastic about the possibilities it offers. You will also have the
opportunity to hire, build, grow and develop high-performing technical teams - building an
amazing culture where technical people can thrive and build their careers at Scale.
- Technology Governance. It is important that technology investments are governed well, policies
and principles are set and resources are well managed.
- Stakeholder Management. Manage a large portfolio of projects and balance a range of
- Strong Financial Acumen. You will need to frequently assess and ensure technology
investments generate are on track to yield a strong financial return - as well as knowing how to
budget effectively for the company's technology needs
- Innovation and R&D. You will be required to evangelize technology in order to inspire people
inside and outside the company and drive change where necessary. Keeping up to date with
technology insights, emerging technology trends, use customer intelligence to help drive business
- Business IT. Drive core technology investments that underpin the business operations and
making sure that budgets and systems are well managed. Managing business IT systems such
as ERP, finance, and CRM systems to run and operate the business.
- 10+ years experience of technology leadership required
- Last 5+ years in management and strategy - setting the vision, influencing stakeholders,
negotiating budgets, agreeing resources and developing cross-department collaboration
- Experience of building & scaling the technology function in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Prior experience in Technology, eCommerce, Marketing or B2C industry preferred
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budget and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analysis and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Strategic thinking mindset, problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate
degree is a plus
What we Offer:
- Compensation - Competitive Executive package on offer
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- End of Year company bonus
- Generous Paid time off
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Access to our Employee Wellness Program (2 x Mental Health Days, Floating Holiday, yoga and
- Paid Parental Leave
- ScaleGIVE - Charity Matching contribution - up to $500/year
- ScaleED - Professional Development - $200/year
- WFH Stipend - $100/month
- Employee discounts for all products across our brand portfolio
- Monthly and Quarterly Employee Bonding events (virtual team lunches, company wide quarterly
events, virtual team building activities
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.