Scale - Careers
Quality Control Manager - UTAH
Scale Media is an upstart eCommerce company creating best-in-class health, wellness and beauty products. Our primary advantage is the technology we create, which allows us to launch, sell and fulfill consumer products. We are obsessed with perfecting our proprietary technology, processes and methodologies that allow for rapid growth, from inception to SCALE.
The Quality Control Manager will be responsible for the management of the Company’s product quality program. They will ensure that all Supplement and Personal Care products meet the Company’s product specifications, as well as monitor lab cost and overall finished goods quality standards. This position will report to the Director of Product Research & Development.
- Develop and implement a quality control receiving program on company supply raw materials, foreign and domestic.
- Collaborate with co-packers and analytical lab to establish a reliable Quality Control program for all finished goods.
- Understand purity analysis by ICP-MS, TLC, HPLC, or related analytical techniques.
- Work with the Regulatory and Product Development to ensure that standards are being implemented.
- Create and manage quality Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality Control documents
- Track storage and shipping conditions to ensure that they are suitable for the given raw material and finished goods.
- Troubleshoot quality related issues as necessary or requested
- Ability to work a regular full-time work schedule, with flexibility to work additional hours to meet business needs.
- Monitor and investigate customer complaints and address issues as they arise.
- Interface with FDA inspector and support inspections.
- Establish a documented training program to meet FDA requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in supplement and/or personal care.
- Must have strong working knowledge of applicable cGMP guidelines, FDA CFR regulatory guidelines, The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) DSHEA
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business, and Google Drive applications and various reporting software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understand state and federal requirements for manufacturing, distribution.
- Ability to keep multiple tasks simultaneously organized.
What We Offer:
- Salary - DOE
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- End of Year Company bonus
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Access to our “Scaling Wellness” program - mental health days, yoga sessions, daily meditation
- Fun work culture
- Casual Dress with hybrid WFH schedule
- An amazing team to work alongside!
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.