Scale - Careers
Junior Video Editor / Post Production Coordinator
We are looking for a talented Junior Video Editor / Post Production Coordinator to join our team. We create short- and long-form video presentations, ads, and sales videos for brands in the health and beauty space. We are looking for an in-house, self-starting and collaborative junior video editor who is well-versed with stock footage, to assist our team of editors and edit more simple videos themselves. We specifically are seeking an editor who has the experience direct response/digital marketing and the desire to work in the following areas:
- Stock footage research
- Asset routing and management
- Setting up projects, collecting media
- Syncing and dailies
- Pulling selects
- Assembly cuts
- Versioning and delivery
- Cutdowns & revisions
- Integrating graphics templates
- Simple video edits
- Record Keeping/Spreadsheet Updates
We will rely on you to find and craft compelling imagery (primarily utilizing stock footage) to suit our video scripts and bring them to life. At times, you’ll be working on your own to edit and or you’ll be working closely with a producer on an A/V script to implement and collaborate on existing creative; and at times, you will be working with our post team to organize existing raw footage, files, and clips to make the post more efficient as the company grows.
- 2+ years’ experience in branded and D/R digital content video editing
- Highly skilled in video editing (Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve preferred)
- Strong understanding of Adobe-based applications: Premiere Pro, After Effects (Lower Thirds & transitions, animation), Photoshop (infographics, light photo editing)
- Creative skills and ability to concept visual imagery to help tell a compelling story.
- Ability to work separately or as part of a creative team to create exceptional videos depending on project needs
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities
- Accurate estimate time
- Solid communication and collaborative skills and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful
- Ability to multi-task, self-starter
- Impeccable organization abilities and experience creating Post systems
- Strong knowledge of video workflows and formats
- Must be able to work remotely as well as in-house when the situation allows.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You do not have experience with Branded and D/R Content
- You do not live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area
- You don’t want to get your hands dirty and help with organizing existing projects, raw stock, etc.
- You aren’t willing to implement notes you disagree with
- You cannot work on your own
- You do not communicate well
Who we are?
We are a tight-knit team that thrives on creativity and collaboration. The right person will thrive in this atmosphere. We rework edits around here constantly, so you can’t get too hung up on something you’ve created.
We are a small and growing company with fun people and a great work environment.
This job is a full-time position.
DID YOU READ THE ABOVE? Please send us your resume and a BRIEF cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please enter “I read the ad” in the email subject line.
What We Offer:
- Salary: $45,000 - $50,000 based on experience
- Work from home + Monthly WFH stipend
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employer 401k match
- Generous Paid time off
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.