Scale - Careers
Inventory Accounting Assistant
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
What you will be doing:
- Follow up on purchase confirmations for all Purchase Orders placed via Odoo.
- Using confirmations, verify and update purchase price in Odoo “before” any receipts are posted (impacts COGs roll-ups when incorrect).
- Reviews new receipts to ensure Purchase Order is correct to allow receipt to be validated.
- Verify all (including credit card paid) new Purchase Orders are added to the Payment Tracking sheet, with correct costs.
- Maintain payment due dates for open Purchase Orders on the Payment Tracking sheet (no past due opens or planned).
- Update Payment Tracking sheet with new price, if applicable, based on confirmation.
- Chase down inbound freight charges, customs broker fees, duties/tariffs, etc. when applicable and properly load to Odoo as landed costs (will roll up to the proper component costs and then to the parent Finished Good COGs)
- Receive and verify all Invoices.
- Update Invoices into Odoo to allow Inventory Valuations to properly calculate and move from G/L to G/L.
- Update Invoices to Payment Tracking sheet, setting proper due dates based on actual deliveries and update, when applicable, as Received.
- Review Open Invoices in Odoo against Payment Tracking sheet and update as paid when paid on Tracking Sheet.
- Receive invoices for CC paid Purchase Orders and as CC is charged, properly update on Payment Tracking sheet (possibly assist with reconciliation activities on the CC statement).
- With full responsibility of pricing, take ownership of the current COGs spreadsheet, Odoo COGs and the upcoming Scale COGs to ensure accurate, consistent data.
- In conjunction with the Product Development process, maintain the estimated COGs and as products move from Planning to Production to Sales accurately report estimates to actual COGs variances and causes.
- In conjunction with the Product Development process setup and maintain Bills of Materials (BOM) in Odoo.
- Month end, Quarter end Inventory Valuation reporting to Finance.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly consumed inventory valuation reporting to Finance.
- Review and audit Infiniti Invoices for Manufacturing against planned costs in Odoo (support moving to issuing Purchase Orders to Infiniti of what “Scale” wants produced and when).
- Review Inventory Valuation data for discrepancies, audit cause, make Journal Entries as needed to correct, report to Finance and implement corrective action.
- Process and report obsolescence scrap, production scrap, cycle count results in Odoo and pass values to Finance for entry into Quickbooks.
- Track and report on Inventory Accuracy as a result of Cycle Counting program.
- Maintains rolling twelve month file of Invoices and CoA documents required for submission to Amazon
What’s on offer:
- Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 (dependent on skills and experience)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous Paid time off
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Access to our Employee Wellness Program (2 x Mental Health Days, Floating Holiday, yoga and meditation classes)
- Paid Parental Leave
- ScaleGIVE - Charity Matching contribution - up to $500/year
- ScaleED - Professional Development - $200/year
- WFH Stipend - $100/month
- Employee discounts for all products across our brand portfolio
- Monthly and Quarterly Employee Bonding events (virtual team lunches, company wide quarterly events, virtual team building activities)
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.