Scale - Careers
Financial Data Analyst
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition, entertainment, advertising, creative, media buying, strategy, performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success that has resulted in thousands of lives changed and millions of dollars in revenue.
We are searching for a Financial Data Analyst to join our growing Business Analytics team.
The role entails driving analytics insights to allow senior leadership to make effective, analytically driven decisions based on our results and predictive modeling. The ideal candidate should be passionate about e-commerce, has a strong analytical and consultative mindset, deep understanding of databases and data visualization, as well as strong financial background. In addition, you should have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge by collaborating with our awesome internal and external teams.
- Conduct in-depth evaluation and analysis of our different programs (acquisition and retention) to help derive insights and recommendations. Utilize your financial analysis knowledge to determine how different efforts will affect our top and bottom line.
- Support the quarterly/annual budget planning and long-term strategic planning processes for our different teams
- Create and manage the company’s forecast projections, adjust actuals and analyze trends
- Design and refine detailed financial models that forecast and analyze costs in order to fully understand sources of variance and improve forecast accuracy
- Conduct weekly review sessions – actual vs. projected to ensure that the organization can flex and react to short-term budget surpluses/deficits, including developing and maintaining KPIs for all aspects of the organization
- Use predictive analytics to understand the impact of short term acquisition costs on long term LTV, ROI, cashflow and budget
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting - analyze financial results, distil/synthesize key trends, assess current and future business risk, and communicate insights to management
- Use the company’s BI tool to create and manage financial reports to present accurate and timely financial data, to support organizational decision-making. The department’s analysis and guidance concerning revenue, cost of goods, and inventory to enable strategic, investment, asset-protection, and tactical activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar technical field of study
- 3+ years of relevant finance experience
- Preferred min. 3 years experience in a related field such as eCommerce, Digital Marketing or CPG
- Strong financial and operational planning skills, experience with forecasting. Preferred - for a B2C subscription based company
- Ability to influence at all levels of an organization with an emphasis on partnering with the various business leaders
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with experience developing and delivering presentations
- Expertise in building Excel-based financial models, with an emphasis on aggregating and analyzing data to provide actionable insights
- Excellent SQL skills. Preferred - past experience with ETL tools and redshift / aws
- Experience with Python and R - an advantage
- Previously experience in a Data Visualization tools development (data modeling as well as dashboard design) such as Sisense, Tableau and Qlik.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, working in team environments or independently
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary - Based on Experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- End of Year Company Bonus
- Generous Paid time off
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Access to our Employee Wellness Program (2 x Mental Health Days, Floating Holiday, yoga and meditation classes)
- Paid Parental Leave
- ScaleGIVE - Charity Matching contribution - up to $500/year
- ScaleED - Professional Development - $200/year
- WFH Stipend - $100/month
- Employee discounts for all products across our brand portfolio
- Monthly and Quarterly Employee Bonding events (virtual team lunches, company wide quarterly events, virtual team building activities)
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.