Scale - Careers
Data Scientist (E-Commerce/Subscription)
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition, entertainment, advertising, creative, media buying, strategy, performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success that has resulted in thousands of lives changed and millions of dollars in revenue. We are searching for a Data Scientist to join our growing Business Analytics team.
Use your data and analytical skills to help us analyze our results and develop marketing strategies upon our current subscription and retention offerings. We are looking for someone with a natural ability to use data to better understand customer behavior, and utilize his/her findings to improve business results using machine learning, predictive analysis, churn and retention data.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge by collaborating with our awesome internal and external teams.
- Conduct in-depth evaluation and analysis of subscription programs to help derive insights and recommendations
- Build predictive models to support key initiatives such as predictive churn, price elasticity, predictive LTV, etc
- Use data mining and statistics to find patterns within data and assist in turning into actionable insights
- Use Machine Learning tools to analyze and make data-driven recommendations and decisions based on our customers journey and purchasing behavior
- Determine the immediate and long term effects on ROAS, ROI and cash flow with corresponding drops/increases in different KPIs
- Develop and manage dashboards using our online BI tool, by incorporating complex data sets from different data sources, such as our database, redshift clusters and other API’s
- Analyze and optimize current retention efforts to reduce churn rates, provide key insights and derive new retention plans and offerings across different products and brands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience in data science/ data analytics from a subscription based company or related areas
- Preferred min. 5 years experience in a related field such as eCommerce, Digital Marketing or CPG
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, processes, tools, and platforms
- Excellent SQL skills. Preferred - past experience with ETL tools and redshift / AWS
- Strong experience with Python /NumPy /Pandas and R
- Experience with state-of-the-art methods for data analysis
- Previously experience in a Data Visualization tools development (data modeling as well as dashboard design) such as Sisense, Tableau and Qlik.
- Ability to work cross functionally with non-engineer team members
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous Paid time off
- End of Year Company Bonus
- Employer matching 401(k)
- Access to our Employee Wellness Program (2 x Mental Health Days, Floating Holiday, yoga and meditation classes)
- Paid Parental Leave
- ScaleGIVE - Charity Matching contribution - up to $500/year
- ScaleED - Professional Development - $200/year
- WFH Stipend - $100/month
- Employee discounts for all products across our brand portfolio
- Monthly and Quarterly Employee Bonding events (virtual team lunches, company wide quarterly events, virtual team building activities)
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.